(typed for Madison by her mother)
Monday
The alarm's too early,
the cereal too cold,
the chores are left undone.
Bleary eyed, the screen I face,
another school day begun.
The work is dreary,
nothing is going my way
Mother says
Mad Madison wearily faces a mundane Monday.
The Play
There was a time when I was nervous.
The croud was quiet
director puzzled
walls spinning
the play
I'm the star,
I bowed.
Nature's Sobs
Raindrops on the windows is like
heaven's tears upon a cheek.
They can be big and fat
or small and fast
Thunder booms like a sob
rattling from a breast.
Monday
The alarm's too early,
the cereal too cold,
the chores are left undone.
Bleary eyed, the screen I face,
another school day begun.
The work is dreary,
nothing is going my way
Mother says
Mad Madison wearily faces a mundane Monday.
The Play
There was a time when I was nervous.
The croud was quiet
director puzzled
walls spinning
the play
I'm the star,
I bowed.
Snowflake
Snowflakes falling
from the sky
crystals of white
in my delight.
No comments:
Post a Comment