Lolo and I are the best of friends. My name is Moufflu, and I am a big white poodle who lives in the city of Florence. I live with my master Lolo and his family in the shadow of a big Cathedral. We are poor but happy. My master is lame, so he gets to spend most of his day with me, outside the cathedral.
One day a man came up to Lolo as we sat in the warm sun, and told him how handsome I was. Of course Lolo couldn't help but brag about me. He had me do my tricks, and then the man gave Lolo some coins and asked him to bring me to see a sick child at the hotel.
At the hotel, I did my tricks for the man and a little boy who lay on a sofa. The hotel was very fancy and grand, and we ate snacks that were much nicer than our normal food. When we left, I heard the sick child crying out.
Later, the rich man showed up and offered Lolo's mother many gold coins. I was then given to the man, and taken back to the fancy hotel. What was going on? Why did Lolo's mother sell me to the man?
The next day, we left the hotel and traveled very far. We went all the way to Rome. We went to the man's home, and it seemed I was to be the little boy's dog. The little boy was ill, but I could not understand him. I did not want to be with this strange boy. I wanted my boy, Lolo!
So as soon I could, I ran away, and took days and days to get home to my Lolo. I had to go with out much to eat, and never a bath to get home to my boy. The sky had just gone dark, when I made it home and up the stairs. My tail wagged happily as I took in the sight of my family and my boy.
I never saw the man again, but Lolo's brother bought a new dog that Lolo trained for the man. I was able to stay with my boy and be happy for the rest of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment